EDCOM HQ COMMUNITY ORGANIZER ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
EDCOM HQ is a virtual community platform created to establish a coalition of people of color, change agents, advocates, and community stakeholders; directly or indirectly involved in the educational process; Creating a forum for the exchange of ideas and strategies to improve educational opportunities for students of color; Identifying and developing professionals of color who will assume leadership positions in educational spaces and to influence public policy concerning the education of students of color.
The purpose of this acknowledgement is to ensure that our Community Partners represent their local ecosystem in the global EDCOM HQ community, while helping local organizations advance their personal business goals and delivering the established values and methods EDCOM HQ stands for.
This acknowledgement is made in order to:
- Provide consistency globally in the provision of support and education to local community partners;
- Ensure EDCOM HQ methods for conducting and promoting networking Events and Conferences related to Educators of Color, change agents, advocates, and community stakeholders; directly or indirectly involved in the educational process are carried out in conjunction with our brand values;
- Ensure Community Partners globally are helping advance progress in their communities in line with the EDCOM HQ mission.
Users of EDCOM HQ
There are two different types of EDCOM HQ users which these terms apply to:
- “Organizers”. If you are an Organizer, you are an individual, normally an employee, contractor or partner of a Community Partner who are part of the team which helps manage, run and host Events. Organisers have special access privileges and are invited to access and use EDCOM HQ by a Community Partners.
- “Participants”. You are a Participant if you attend an Event on EDCOM HQ. Participants are either invited to a specific Event by a Community Partner or have signed up for a EDCOM HQ account and attend an event using their account details. Participants also include Participants that have been invited by the Community Partner to speak at an Event, exhibit at an Event, or be Event sponsors.
In these terms, unless specified otherwise you are a “User” or “EDCOM HQ User”.
Events are organised and administered by the Community Partner, not us. We are a third party providing the platform for an Event to take place. We are not responsible and cannot be held liable:
- If an Event is cancelled for any reason by the Host;
- for how an Event is run;
- for any content produced or activities carried out during an Event;
- for the conduct or Contributions (as defined below) of any other Users.
Community Partner Responsibilities
The Community Partner has full control over the running of any Event. This includes control over any Users, when Events are created and how they are configured, and what functionality and third-party integrations are activated for use at each Event. The Community Partner may prohibit or withdraw access to Events and/or EDCOM HQ to any User at any time. It is solely the Community Partners responsibility to:
- Inform attendees of relevant policies and practices of the Community Partner that apply to the use of EDCOM HQ outside of these User Terms;
- Respond to and resolve any dispute between the Community Partner and USER, or between USER and any other User.
Right to Use EDCOM HQ
You agree that you will:
- Except as permitted by these User Terms, not rent, lease, sub-license, loan, provide, or otherwise make available, your right to use or access EDCOM HQ or any part of it, in any form, in whole or in part to any person without prior written consent from us or in respect to Event content except as permitted by the Community Partner;
- Not copy EDCOM HQ or any part of it, except as part of the normal use of EDCOM HQ or where it is necessary for the purpose of back-up or operational security;
- Not translate, merge, adapt, vary, alter or modify, the whole or any part of EDCOM HQ or any content on it, nor permit EDCOM HQ or any part of it to be combined with, or become incorporated in, any other programs, except as necessary to use EDCOM HQ as permitted in these User Terms;
- Not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or create derivative works based on the whole or any part of EDCOM HQ or any content on it nor attempt to do any such things, except to the extent permitted by law.
Acceptable use restrictions
- Not use EDCOM HQ in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these terms, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, such as viruses, or harmful data, into EDCOM HQ or any operating system;
- Not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of EDCOM HQ, including by the submission of any material (to the extent that such use is not licensed by these User Terms);
- Not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of EDCOM HQ;
- Not use EDCOM HQ in a way that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or compromise our systems or security or interfere with other users;
- Not collect or harvest any information or data from any aspect of EDCOM HQ or our systems or attempt to decipher any transmissions to or from the servers running EDCOM HQ;
- Not access, search or create accounts for EDCOM HQ by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (e.g. “scraping” or creating accounts in bulk); and
- Not use contact or other user information obtained from EDCOM HQ (including email addresses) to contact other Users outside of EDCOM HQ without their express permission or authority, or to create or distribute mailing lists or other collections of contact or user profile information for other Users for use outside of the platform.
When we can end your access and/or your right to use EDCOM HQ.
We can terminate users access and/or your right to access or use EDCOM HQ at any time, without notice, including where we reasonably consider that:
- Your use of EDCOM HQ violates these User Terms or applicable law;
- You fraudulently use or misuse EDCOM HQ; or
- We are unable to continue providing EDCOM HQ to you due to technical or legitimate business reasons.
If we end your right to use EDCOM HQ
- You must stop all activities authorised by these User Terms, including your use of EDCOM HQ.
- We may take all steps necessary to prevent you from accessing or using EDCOM HQ including suspending your EDCOM HQ User account.
Community Organizers Financial Matters
Usage of EDCOM HQ platform services are FREE outside of access to our job board applicants. The only payment that will be rendered is for the usage of our platform for paid events.
- In exchange for efforts carried out by EDCOM HQ, EDCOM HQ will be entitled to receive 5 percent per paid ticket for every paid event hosted throughout the year. For organizers using our virtual conferencing feature will be charged $2 per every registered attendee for free events, and $2 + 7.5% fee per every registered attendee for paid events.
- A Sponsor is defined as any person or entity exchanging cash for services or promotion. A partner is defined as any person or entity supplying non-cash services like a venue, food, video production, or Event promotion
- Any agreements made between the Community Partner and a vendor is between the Community Partner and the vendor, where EDCOM HQ will not be a party to the agreement.
- The Community Partner must perform due diligence on any potential Sponsor or Partner wishing to be associated with the EDCOM HQ brand before any agreements are put in place. The Community Partner must ensure that any potential Sponsor or Partner shares the EDCOM HQ Values, and is above reproach. This includes exchanging cash for services or promotion from organisations deemed to be inappropriate (e.g. National Rifle Association, Adult Entertainment, Gambling, etc.)